Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Living in Penang versus Living in Singapore

Beautiful Reagents' Height on a hill at Sungei Ara Vicinity
Homes in Penang are comparatively cheaper!
My office at Park Mall, next to the Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station
My apartment in Little India, just 18 minutes walk from
my office at Park Mall

After having spent 5 days in Penang, I am back! I had such a great time of rest in Penang that I am now rejuvenated, ready for challenges ahead of me!

I visited my relative's new home in Reagents' Height. It is a 3 plus 1 bedroom condominium and is so wonderfully priced at about MR260,000!/-! A condominium like this in Singapore would cost almost S$1.3 million and if it were located in Orchard Road, it would be about $2.1 million! My relative has bought an additional car park lot for M$13,000/- which is located just near the ground floor entrance, while his entitled lot is in the basement carpark. It is so windy and airy. They hardly have to turn on the fan or airconditioners!

Nevertheless, though I love Penang, I still prefer to live in Singapore where everything is compact, convenient and cosy! I can hop onto the train and bus easily or if I were in a hurry, I could just be a little more extravagant and take a taxi. The market and shops are a stone's throw away and my office is wtihin walking distance. The transport system in Penang is still somewhat backward, and if I were to live in Penang, I would be less mobile.

When I arrived at Changi Airport, I was very happy when I saw our armed personnel with their protective guns or whatever you call them. Even after my hand carriers were scanned, the airport officer, still opened up my handbag and told me that I could not carry in my homemade herbal tea inside the plane. I requested to drink all the tea before I entered the lounge!

Many Singaporeans complain that Singapore is too small. I feel that for purpose of work, it is easier for me to move around. If I want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city living, I can always travel to Malaysia and other parts of the world. When my knees are weak and wobbly, I will want the convenience and safety of moving around. I guess God knows my heart's desires when He put me in Singapore to work as a teacher when I had originally planned to work in Canada after graduation! He knows that with my lively personality, I would probably enjoy living in this cosmopolitan country where life is as colorful and as vibrant as the united colours of Benneton!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: