Monday, November 19, 2007

Chelsea's Favourite Game



Chelsea would put any security guard to shame the way
she guards her favourite ball.



Chelsea's favourite game. Retrieving her favourite ball!

In the past when I looked after Chelsea for my client, Shanaz, the cocker spaniel was never interested in ball games.

Recently she began to take an interest in the ball which I bought for her from the pet shop. My neighour, Irin, also generously gave her a blue ball.

Chelsea was playing with her ball on the floor. I decided to pick it up and threw it towards my room. To my surprise, she sprang into action and brought back the ball. This went on continuously. I decided to take her a step further and played along the long corridor of my apartment. I would try to throw the ball as far as I possibly could, and Chelsea would dash for the ball and bring it back. This would be repeated a number of times. You should see her joy. She looked so cute when she ran speedily, with her long ears flapping slightly in the wind! I am so glad as this way, she gets to have more exercise.

It is amazing how much energy Chelsea has. She would retrieve the ball a number of times. When she is really exhausted, she would refuse to let go of the ball and insist on entering the apartment.

It is wonderful how animals can communicate in their own special ways. It is only their loving owners who understand their language.!

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: