Friday, November 09, 2007

My Little Harvest

 

 

 

 


I hardly grew plants in the past. Those that I attempted to grow either died of thirst because I forgot to water them or died from lack of tender loving care. However, I was recently inspired by my eldest sister, Lee Lee. During my last visit to her home in Kuching, I was impressed with the herbs she grew.

Hence, I started growing some plants with special interest in herbs. From the pictures above, you can see that my "ren" plants or "bird nests for the poor" are growing healthily. I also grow some mint which is good for sore throat and flu. I also grow the plant that is specially good for those having diabetes. My ex-neighbour in Eng Tai Mansion, Madam Lim, used to take the herbs and now she is no more suffering from diabetes.

I had my first harvest of "ren" plants which I boiled to make tea. I remember a reader had asked me for some "ren" plants earlier. If she could contact me, I would be more than happy to give her some.

One of my colleagues asked me how I manage to find time to do so many things. Papa had called me "Choo Choo" and hence like the train I must keep on moving, otherwise my engine will get spoilt and rusty! I guess this is why my university buddy, Dr. Richard Tam has described me as the Lady of Perpetual Motion!

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: