Saturday, November 03, 2007

Tak Si Chek, Bei Si Shu (Read Dead Books) Part 3

Just recently, I called up the Straits Times Classified to place my advertisement for Office Rental. This is my client's prime office space at Orchard Road. "Fourteen Eighty per sq. ft.", I said loudly and clearly.

After giving all the details, I double checked to see that the staff heard me correctly on the price. "Fourten eighty per sq. ft. Fourteen Dollars and Eighty Cents per sq. ft." I repeated. "Luckily you told me that...I thought you meant one thousand four hundred and eighty dollars per sq. ft." said the staff sheepishly.

"If it is for rental, it cannot be that much, right?" I asked the staff. "Hence, you must know that for rental it can only be fourteen dollars and eighty cents per sq. ft." Sigh! Now I am extra vigilant and detailed when I phone up for my advertisements to be placed. I cannot afford to make any mistake in my advertisement request. Neither do I want the staff to make the error for she would have to pay out of her own pocket. Apart from being careful, it is imperative to also exercise initiative in our work.

No comments: