Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Ragdoll Called Darling

Darling, patiently posing for photographs.

The concert by Sylvia Khoo's students had just ended, and I made my way to the bus stop. Instead of turning left, I turned right, and realised the bus stop was further away. However, I discovered a pet shop instead, and decided to go in to buy a bouncing ball for Chelsea to play with.

I was very happy when I saw a beautiful, furry cat. The fur was quite long and soft. The cat appeared to be good natured, and enjoyed being stroked on the head and the back of her body. The owner of the shop told me that the cat was a ragdoll and her name was Darling. Ragdolls are very good natured and have personalities which are quite identical to dogs. No wonder, she was willing to pay over a thousand dollars for Darling!

I am not an expert on cats, and hence was thrilled when I learnt about the breed. I wonder why it is called a ragdoll, for it makes me think of those dolls that children play with. I like cats, but since I always keep dogs, I could only limit myself to enjoying the cats that I found outside of my apartment - strays and those found in pet shops.

God's creation is so marvellous and awesome. I love all His creation, big and small. My pastor once teased me that if I had a huge compound, I would surely be like Noah, taking in aniamals and living creatures of all kinds!!!

No comments: