Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Want the Real Snow!

Eldest sister Lee Lee has always wanted to see snow. Hence I bought her some winter wear in preparation, for she had originally planned to go to Korea with her husband in January. Alas he cancelled his plan.

Hence I thought I would bring sis to Snow City in Singapore. I checked the website and it looks interesting. I have not been to Snow City myself and decide to bring sis there. To my surprise, she said, "I want the real snow. I will not be able to find snow flakes in artificial snow." How true! Man can make snow, but not snow flakes. Every snow flake is uniquely made, just like man's finger prints. Every snow flake has six sides and inside are numerous and lovely patterns. The snow flakes melt ever so quicky, yet it is amazing how the great Creator has taken the trouble to make individual snowflakes! Is this one of the reasons why the writer has written the great hymnal, "How Great Thou Art!"

For those of you who have not realised the beauty and uniqueness of snow flakes, you can look at the many pictures in the website under "snowflakes". You will be able to find lovely pictures of the snow flakes as seen under the microscope.

What a beautiful world we live in.! If God can take care of tiny snowflakes and little birds of the air, will He not have our interests at heart too? The Psalmist was so overwhelmed that he wrote in Psalm Chapter 8 verses 3 to 5:

"When I consider Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
For you have made him a little lower
than the angels,
And you have crowned him with glory
and honour."

So rise up, my dear readers. The creator has made us His highest form of creation! Let us enjoy the magnificent creation of God!

No comments: