Thursday, December 27, 2007

Purple Kitchen?


When I wanted to renovate the kitchen which only had a stove and some shelves, I was hoping that I could win a free make over kitchen with the Straits Times/Ikea Kitchen Contest. My contractor told me that the wall and floor tiles had to be changed as well, as they were threatening to pop out. Alas! I was not selected for the makeover, and hence had to come up with my own design and contracting work.

Green, blue, red or black? I later settled for purple. "Purple?" some of my friends exclaimed with eyes wide. "Didn't know you are so trendy and romantic?" "Romantic?" Gosh, I didn't know that purple is a romantic colour. Have always thought that purple is a colour for royalty. Of course, I would not choose a dark or bright purple. I chose a purple that is softer on the eyes.

Most of my guests now tell me they like the idea of a purple kitchen!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: