Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dedicated Toastmasters

From left the lady in orange blouse (clockwise) : Chin Mei Har (SRC Toastmasters)
Ng Cher Khim (Toastmasters Club of Singapore )
Saint Yi Htet (Toastmasters Club of Singapore )
Magdalene Yew (Bedok Toastmasters)
Ong May Yan
Aziz Mustajab (Civil Service Toastmasters)
Cynthia Zhai (Frontier Toastmasters)
Michael Rodrigues (SRC Toastmasters)
Elizabeth Thorarajoo (Ngee Ann Polytechnic Toastmasters)
Linda Lam (Civil Service Toastmasters)
Rosalind Tan
Christopher Yeow (Bedok Toastmasters)
Anne Marie Gutierrez (SRC Toastmasters)
A good morning to you, my dear readers. Here is Choo Choo wishing all my readers a great Sunday morning at Singapore time 8.00.m. This is the last Sunday of the year, being 30th December 2007. In this reminiscent mood, I want to recall the happenings in 2007, and in a short while, I will be going to church service nearby my apartment to give my thanksgiving to the great Almighty God.
I want to thank God for 2007. Frankly, the highlight for 2007 for me is the toastmasters' movement. It was great fun visiting various clubs in Singapore as well as in Kuching. I thank God for the many learning opportunities. I would go back from every meeting, having learnt something precious. It was sheer delight meeting all the interesting and eloquent toastmasters in various clubs.
I am glad I am able to participate as a volunteer in the Speech Crafts at Changi Prison. I am impressed with all the volunteer toastmasters. They are a compassionate and caring group of people. At the last meeting, I was very touched that Cynthia Zhai from the Frontiers Toastmasters' Club went back all the way to her home in Jurong West because she had forgotten to bring her pass.! She rushed back all the way to be in time for the final meeting and celebration. Cynthia had touched the hearts of the inmates by her committment and dedication. She sang "Yeh Liang Tai Piau Wo Terh Xin" (The Moon Represents My Heart) a Mandarin song made popular by the late Teresa Teng.
After the meeting, we had a sumptuous lunch at the neary SIA Club. Rosalind and May Yan are not yet toastmasters, but they are very dedicated volunteers. It will be a matter of time before they too will join a club. Rosalind baked a tangerine cake to share with everyone. It is the best cake I have eaten. Rosalind shared that she had taken half a day to bake this cake! I always love home cooked food, because it is always the tastiest for it is cooked with love.
2007 has been a fruitful year for me because of my time management. Despite being very active in toastmasters' I have managed to do well in my real estate work. I have also managed to spend time with my siblings and relatives in Malaysia. Somehow my multi-tasking has improved tremendously! I cook or clean the apartment and listen to music at the same time; watch television programs and exercise simultaneously. I still find time to cook, do gardening and help to walk my neighbour's two dogs, etc. Indeed it has been a fruitful year for me.
I hope 2007 has been a good year for all, and I pray that God will bless everyone with another great year in 2008! Cheers!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: