Friday, December 14, 2007

Monkeys as Pets?

The soulful eyes of the monkeys melt my heart.
These monkeys would be happier swinging
in the forests than in the cage.

During my recent visit to Johore, Dea, my niece-in-law brought me to Giant Mega Store. At the mall,
we saw some monkeys in a cage. I was somewhat taken aback, because in Singapore, monkeys are not
allowed to be kept as pets.

My heart went out to the poor animals with soulful eyes. Their expressive eyes seemed to be saying, "Get us out of this cage and put us back where we belong - the wilds where we can swing from tree to tree."

I think the only animals I would keep as pets would be dogs for they are man's best friends. Although I would love to have a parrot because I can teach it to sing and talk, I feel birds are happier to fly around in the wild. What a wonderful and magnificent world that God has created for us to enjoy! His handiworks are just so unique and marvellous! This is probably why I cannot be sad or depressed for too long, because when I see the immense handiworks of the Creator, my spirt becomes uplifted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: