Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Little Get-Away

At the poolside
My wonderful eldest sis with her loved ones
Dea - winner of the Mother of the Year award
From left - Phoebe, Gloria, Sophia and Debra

My eldest sister, Lee Lee, is now staying with her daughter-in-law in Johore. My nephew is on a month overseas trip to England on business. Hence, the versatile and doting grandma is tutoring her grand children in piano, dancing, singing, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Arithmetics.

I went over to Johore during the last weekends, intending to stay for only a day, but ended up staying for three days. My sister cooked delicious meals for us. On the first evening, she took all of us out to the restaurant, East Court, to celebrate my birthday. For years, somehow, friends and relatives would celebrate my birthday and the celebration usually goes on for a month!! There is going to be another celebration in our breakfast meeting for those born in the month of December. All the toastmaster clubs are celebrating Christmas at their meetings as well. Mm....a very "dangerous" month is December. I have to guard my waistline by walking off the extra calories.

I brought with me a disc on cha cha music, and we all danced to the music. The children are very musical and bright, and even the youngest one, Gloria, out danced everyone!!!

I have a total of 12 nieces and nephews, and a total of 12 grand nieces and nephews! How wonderful if papa and mama were here too to enjoy the extension of their lovely and intelligent offsprings! Papa would be proud to know that he had passed on his musical genes to everyone in the family tree.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: