Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Ant and The Contact Lens

THE ANT AND THE CONTACT LENS

A true story by Josh and Karen Zarandona

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go
rock climbing. Although she was very scared, she
went with her group to a tremendous granite
cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the
gear, took hold of the rope, and started up
the face of that rock.
Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a
breather. As she was hanging on! there, the
safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and
knocked out her contact lens.
Well, here she is, on a rock ledge, with
hundreds of feet below her and hundreds of feet
above her. Of course, she looked and looked
and looked, hoping it had landed on the ledge,
but it just wasn't there.
Here she was, far from home, her sight now
blurry. She was desperate and began to get
upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help her to
find it.
When she got to the top, a friend examined her
eye and her clothing for the lens, but there was
no contact lens to be found. She sat down,
despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting
for the rest of them to make it up the face of
the cliff.
She looked out across range after range of
mountains, thinking of that verse that says, "The
eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the
whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see
all these mountains. You know every stone and
leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens
is. Please help me."
Finally, they walked down the trail to the
bottom. At the bottom there was a new party of
climbers just starting up the face of the cliff.
One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody
lose a contact lens?"
Well, that would be startling enough, but you
know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving
slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it
on it's back.
Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist.
When she told him the incredible story of the
ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew
a pi! cture of an ant lugging that contact lens
with the words, "Lord, I don't know why You want
me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and
it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You
want me to do, I'll carry it for You."
I think it would probably do some of us good to
occasionally say, "God, I don't know why you
want me to carry this load. I can see no good
in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if you want
me to carry it, I will."
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the
called. Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of
existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning
each and every day. Without Him, I am nothing,
but with Him...I can do all things through
Christ which strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

When I read the above story sent by a friend, Freddy Kang, I was moved to tears for it reminds me how much God cares for everyone of us. I know some doubting Thomases will say that it is only fiction, too incredible. Things that are simple, like the Quantum Pendant, may tend to confound some human minds that have the tendency to reason and in the process, complicate things. I had once found it hard to believe, that even those who had actually seen the miracles of Jesus, still did not believe that He is the true, miracle-working God!

I believe in the above story and, in my next article, will share with readers about my own experiences with finding my glasses which had dropped in the ocean, and my contact lens which had dropped not once, but twice - once in a public toilet, and once in the YWCA Hostel.

No comments: