Monday, January 14, 2008

I Can't Believe It!

Pastor Singam had kindly delivered a nice old dressing table with a big mirror to my home in September. It was quite heavy as the wood was hard. His friend had volunteered to pick up the furniture and helped Pastor Singam deliver it.

After a couple of months, I realised that I hardly even looked into the mirror! I also had so few cosmetics that they did not warrant to be placed on a dressing table which took up so much space. Yesterday I decided to dispose the furniture so that someone from the neighbourhood could make good use of it.

Yesterday, I did not want to trouble my tenant, Yi Wei. I decided to move the furniture myself. I also decided to reposition my tall bookshelf. After removing a row of books, I decided to see whether I could just move the bookshelf without removing the rest of the books on the other shelves. To my surprise, I was able to do it! In the past I always had to remove all the books on the stack of 5 shelves. Moving the dressing table down 3 steps at my main entrance was quite tricky, but I managed to lift the furniture! I pushed the dressing table all the way to the end of the block so that the cleaner or anyone in the neighbourhood could help himself if he had need of the furniture.

I used to admire my neighbour, Irin, for her great strength. Although she is so petitite, she could carry 4 packets of soil and 3 pots of plants at one go. In contrast I could only carry one packet of soil at a time!

Thanks to the quantum pendant which has increased my energy! I am so happy because I am the type who likes to be independant and dislike troubling others....especially when it comes to moving and carrying heavy things.

No comments: