Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back in Penang for Chinese New Year!

Tonight I am taking the coach to Penang. What a great joy to see my beloved brother and his family. I am also looking foward to seeing my dearest Aunty Ah Giam whom I love very much, and who is now in her 80's. I have asked her daughter, Suan, to get a scalar energy pendant for her mom, so that hopefully, it will give Aunty renewed energy to enable her to walk better. Aunt has weakened considerably since her stroke a few years ago. I really hope to see her up and about again.


I am also looking forward to seeing my beloved cousin, Nancy. Though armed only with a few years in school, Nancy speaks very good English, and might be able to be a Champion speaker for the Toastmasters' Humorous speech contests. I always tell her that each time I am back in Penang, I get fat not only from eating the delicious food, but from laughing as well.


This year, I go back a week earlier. Two reasons. I wish to avoid the frantic New Year jam at the Causeway, and I realise that I only pay S$61/- for my luxury coach. If I were to go back tomorrow, the ticket is doubled in price! Last year, I missed the New Year gathering at Dr. Dennis Wee's home. I am glad that this year, I could be back on time for the gathering on the 4th day of New Year. I am looking forward to trying Dr. Wee's famous Fried Hokkien Mee. My boss, Dr. Wee is such a versatile, fun and enigmatic person. Frankly, I am curious to find out how he cooks his popular dish!


I am so glad that I have settled down in Singapore, and not in another country far away like Canada. Singapore is so centrally located. Hence, it is easier for me to travel to visit all my siblings and relatives in Malaysia, Taiwan, Australia, Europe, USA and Canada.


Wishing all my readers in Singapore and all over the world :-

Keong Hee Huat Chye! Gong xi fa cai!
Ang pao jit pao lai! Hong bao yi bao lai!
Gin ni tua huat chye! Jin nian ta fa cai!
Tarn lui eng eng lai! Chuan chien rong yi lai!


Happy new year!
An ang pow for me my dear!
A year of prospering!
Earnings easily rolling in!

Selamat Hari Raya!
Ang pow, sila beri saya.
Tahun ini lebih banyak kaya,
Cari wang - senang, ingin kaya!

Une bien Heureuse Annee!
Ang pow venez venez,
Une annee out les affaires,
Aisement prosperent prosperent.

May God bless you with His peace, joy, great health and prosperity in 2008!

Gan Chau

No comments: