Friday, November 14, 2008

902 and Still Counting !

902 and still counting ! No, I am not referring to my age lah, of course ! Now if any of us can live up to 139, we will hit the Guiness World Record.! I have a couple of friends who have told me that they would love to live up to a hundred. For me, I am contented with a short but sweet life. With the chronic ear problems I have suffered since the age of 9, I am amazed I have survived 54 years and 349 days!
In fact I was thrilled to have passed my 50th birthday - half a century of age! Now I am even more thrilled to be getting a new title soon - SM - not Senior Minister, but Senior Member of Singapore! Just 28 days more!

Tomorrow will be my 3rd anniversary of blog writing!! I have wanted to write at least an article each day....but sometimes my hectic schedule was taken up by other priorities. I cannot use the sentence, "I have no time". It is more correct to say that I could not make writing my blog a priority. However, I tried to make up for it by sometimes writing two to four articles in a day, especially when my creative juices are oozing like a succulent orange! I am happy - about 35,000 hits on my sitemeter!

902 articles on my 3rd anniversary!! I am so grateful to my computer-intelligent friends like Winnie, Dr. Kumaran Raju, Jerlynn, Ashok, Jasmin and Avinesh, who had taught me how to use the computer, hence saving me some money to attend computer classes. If only Mr Diego Bincoletto, my Italian client, could have the chance to read my blog! He gave up on me where computers are concerned. I remember his frustration at my sheer inability to comprehend anything mechanical and robotic!

I am glad that readers have been encouraged and uplifted. I must give papa the credit for being a pain in the neck of some people - by being hopelessly optimistic.! I am one of those who always believe that if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Hence, by worrying, I am only crippling myself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I will not be able to walk, able to feel and think and worse, able to pray!!! My intense worries would only make me walk around like a zombie!

Today I make a new resolution. I will make greater effort to try to write 365 articles in this coming year.

Cheers !

No comments: