Sunday, November 30, 2008

In Hot Soup....

"Let me put away my phone first", I said to my friend who wanted me to check whether the spaghetti in the pot was of the right texture.

I am now extra cautious for a few months ago, I was boiling some soup when the phone rang. I had just brought the pot of soup from the stove and placed it on the marble table. Just then the phone rang. With the phone in my left hand, and a ladle in my right, I scooped up some soup into two bowls. My guest was rushing off for an appointment and I had to serve her the soup first. Suddenly, to my horror, the phone slipped from my left hand and landed into the pot of hot soup!

Gone was the whole mechanism of the phone! My contact numbers had disappeared! And so had all the messages received.

Now, I am extra cautious. I hope I will not land myself in hot soup again....never!

No comments: