Sunday, November 09, 2008

Change of Life Style!

After hibernating for a week, I felt somewhat refreshed, though still somewhat weak and prone to sneezing and tiredness. I am impatient with myself for being sickly. Being sickly means reducing my violin practices, and looking at the world through a thin layer of mist. You know what I mean? My feet seem so heavy when I sometimes drag myself when I move around.

Hence I have decided to change my lifestyle. Now I try to be asleep by 10.00p.m. even though this means sacrificing my favourite television programs. Unless I go to toastasters' meetings or concerts, then I try to be in bed by 11.30p.m. All these years I have got by with an average of 4 hours of very deep sleep a day. Hence I have gained an extra 5 years of time.! This is why I sometimes tell others that I am fifty five plus five.

I will also reduce my intake of food and ensure I have sufficient exercise everyday by walking to my office or doing areobic exercise while watching television programs. I will try not to pack so many activities in one day so that it leaves me utterly exhausted when I fall onto my bed to sleep!

Just as Michael Rodgrigues, our leader of the speechcraft program in Changi Prison, had asserted, "It's great to take time to smell the flowers!"

Gan Chau

No comments: