Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have violin, will travel safely in crowded places!

Although it could be quite cumbersome to carry my violin with me whenever I have to go for my violin class or practice with my piano teacher, I discovered that the solid rectangular case also has its great use. Sometimes, I have to carry my violin with me to the office so that I could proceed to my class after doing some paper work.

When I am in a crowded train, I would not hold my violin case horizontally as it would be easier to hold it vertically. I then discovered that it is best to clutch it like as if you were holding a baby. The case certainly gives you great security and protection.....against lustful men who pretend to brush against your chest. Some pretended to brush against you and they pretended they were unaware, and gave you that innocent look. As a genteel lady, you did not want to kick up a fuss or unneccessary attention to yourself. Mm..mm....am not so sure.....one of these days, I may end up releasing my clenched fist, and giving someone a kick in the butt.!

I also discover that carrying an over sized handbag would also come in handy for not only making sure that you do not misplace any of your belongings, but also as a weapon against people with lewd intentions.

Hence, this is why I often prefer to walk if I could, rather than to take the crowded train. I can enjoy the fresh air, space and freedom.!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

JerL said...

I think it is traumatizing to take public transport! Especially for girls, they just get conveniently molested left, right, centre!!!