Monday, November 24, 2008

Mr. Rock's Life Journey

 

Taking a pose at Artfolio Gallery - from left to right
Jasmin, yours truly, Anu and Avinesh
 

One of my favourite paintings - Mr. Rock at Mt. Fuji
 

Would readers like to interpret this painting of Mr. Naoya Oka?
 

Collection of paintings by the talented Japanese artist, Mr. Naoya Oka

Posted by Picasa


I received an invitation from Artfolio Gallery to attend the opening ceremony of "Mr. Rock's Life Journey" by a talented artist, Mr. Naoya Oka. I decided to bring my tenants along as they are also quite interested in things artistic and musical.

What colorful and lovely paintings. Mr. Oka's paintings is a blend of the East and the West. His cherry blossoms remind me of oriental art while his figurine paintings remind me of Picasso.

I wish I had money to be an art collector.....but for now I can only be an admirer of great paintings. A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

Gan Chau

No comments: