Sunday, December 11, 2005

Embarrassing Incident (2)

The evening dinner crowd was increasing as we quickly went around serving customers
at our Rialto Italian Cuisine in Amara Hotel Shopping Centre Foodcourt. One customer was exceedingly warm and cordial, and seemed to be relishing his pasta seafood and Diego pizza. I noticed that although he had finished his meal, he sat at his table, observing the customers and at the same time looking at our operations. He seemed to be interested in his surroundings and momentarily, I suspected he might even be an officer in plain clothes or a private investigator!

He must have sat down for some two hours and showed no sign of leaving. Later, he walked towards the counter and said to me, "My compliments to your chef". He smiled and left, promising to be back another time. I was pleasantly surprised and told him he must come back.

"Massimo, that gentleman said your cooking is very nice! He asked me to give you his compliments" , I cheerfully told my Italian chef.

"Choo, which world do you come from?"

"I come from Penang".

"The customer doesn't mean my cooking is nice... he means I'm handsome and he likes me!
Didn't you see him making eyes at me for the past two hours? He's a gay."

Gan Chau

No comments: