Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dogs Make My World Go Round!

 
Yeager, the handsome Alsation, alert and sharp ...ready for action!

 
Got it! Yeager's coveted prize... his favourite green ball.

 
The lovely sheepdog, Chewbaca (Chewy) who is so huggable!

 
Chewy performing one of his many stunts!

I love it most when I visit my clients' homes ...especially when they have dogs!

When Patrick and Melinda asked me to market their executive flat, my colleagues, Vanessa Yong and Vincent Owyong and I went to visit them at their semi-detached home in Serangoon Gardens. I know Melinda has two dogs and was eager to meet them.

Lo and behold! What a huge Alsation Yeager is! He is 4 years old and has long hairs... my first time with a long haired Alsation. I must confess that Alsations are the only dogs that make my heart beat very fast as I am gradually overcoming my fear of them!

Two decades ago, I was almost bitten by an Alsation that was allowed to roam around the neighbourhood by its owner around Cornwall Gardens. After tutoring a student, I walked along the long and quiet stretch of Cornwal Road, and was surprised when an Alsation approached me. I froze and prayed real hard. The dog put its two paws on my shoulders! Though frightened, I remained as calm as I could for I remember mum always advising us to be calm around dogs! Luckily it did not bite me, but refused to leave me for the next few minutes! Gradually, it got bored and decided to walk off. My student told me that the dog had bitten five people and complaints had been lodged against the owner. Thank God for His protection. From then onwards, I could only admire Alsations from afar! They are such handsome and intelligent dogs!

Melinda assured me that Yeager is a gentle giant. I overcame my fear and hugged Yeager! He gives in to the smaller sheepdog, Chewy, who sometimes bullies him. Though smaller, Chewy does not give in with his fight for the green ball with Yeager! Chewy performed some stunts for us such as rolling over, dancing with his two legs, etc. The couple's two children also joined in the fun.

It was indeed heartwarming to see a family so united and cohesive with their love for dogs. Melinda told me she had just got another puppy - a long haired daschund! Without offending anyone, I believe animal lovers are generally happier people! :-)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: