Friday, August 10, 2007

My First Guests for Dinner

  My first guests for dinner... Amu and her nephews, Amos and Silas and niece, Abigail with eldest sister who is the cook.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi2u2TC9wdR2ndiEDBxeYiM-grTZVTdEjgOghuQD5hLiNSq5EubJQm2uB1whDA9EzKHvuewAUsi77XqQOwVrULXL8Q5Pl4FBOAo0d0u7abxr9vHkMKvagF0VDUVSgiIkelZy8v5/s1600-h/CIMG0896.JPG">  Amu holding up the blanket made for me by eldest sister.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJNpEtXNVAL8YH807aKWRuEP-k3U4jKuYeVCAiveZT-eaJIwDUFM8VkJHo2iqM5l8My7qRGPPsD_Lv2XlPKSIIqFstIQ1oDDLBqmj44RAOmwaTgilYdGm87NjW7Cka8pSmqEWX/s1600-h/CIMG0897.JPG">
  Amu holding a dress with smoking for a friend's daughter.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWCsG0TNbCDk_vCx6z9CHa7epoA8hIqUK20K7KtwyRglKOwAHB8CwgR6yAF4R8784xt_om7O6_07CfAvVXVKoG2CtJ9u-ESpB6jgJSTtj3AtqXL0EFkVzQJcTIgrDWOeyVGUdM/s1600-h/CIMG0899.JPG">
 
Eldest sister Lee Lee doing an Indian dance.

Since young, my parents had taught us to be hospitable by their very own examples. Papa and mama loved to entertain at home....whether it was simple home cooked lunch or some lavish dinner. Although we were not rich, guests enjoyed themsleves because of papa's delightful stories and sense of humour. Somehow food always taste nicer with jocund company!

Hence, it is not surprising that hospitality is in our blood. Eldest sister came to visit me for the month of August as she wanted to help me organise the flat as well as to cook healthy food for me. As it was National Day yesterday, I took my sister to Marina Bay to have a look in the morning. We decided impulsively to call Amu over together with her nephews and nieces for a dinner gathering. It is appropriate that Amu, being my best friend, should be my first guest!

Sister is such a natural cook. Everyone enjoyed the dinner after which we had a little concert with me playing the piano and sister doing an Indian dance. My sister is such a versatile lady!

We were also able to see fireworks from my bedroom windows, as Marina Bay is quite near my apartment in Little India. I am indeed so grateful to God for all His rich blessings.
We thanked God for the great weather and heartwarming celebration.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: