Friday, August 03, 2007

Packing or Unpacking?

I have been unpacking the past few days and the progress is really slow for I have to wade through the "mountain" of boxes to put them in their respective wardrobes, bookshelves and kitchen shelves.

I did not realise that the ceiling of my flat is higher as it is an older flat. Now I have to buy a small step ladder which can be moved around easily to enable me to reach the higher shelves. I wish I were at least 1.65 metres tall instead of 1.53 metres tall. I showed my tenant, Frank, how I used to cook in the kitchens in Canada. I would place two hands on the table top and push myself up so as to reach the higher shelves. That was almost 3 decades ago. Today, I have to depend on the step ladder.

Many things have been given or discarded. I was in a rush to pack and just threw everything into the boxes. Now when unpacking, I realise that some things can still be given away or discarded. I am trying to have less clutter around the home so that cleaning can be a breeze. The fun thing about moving is that it helps us to find things that we have sometimes forgotten about....eg old photos, little gifts, name cards, etc.

It would be fun to know readers' response....do my readers prefer packing or unpacking?

No comments: