Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Starhub or Singtel?

When my two year contract with Starhub ended last month, I decided to terminate the contract and look at cheaper internet options. I asked for advice from computer-intelligent people like my colleague, Vincent and my tenant, Frank.

I was thinking of changing my 8 year old television which is still working but has to be operated manually as the remote had died a premature death. It was tempting to opt for Singtel which had the promotion of giving away a free high definition television. Vincent was not in favour of the idea and I decided to drop the connection. I also do not like the idea that I have to connect a land line for a telephone number. A land line is not necessary for me as I am always on the move.

Since I was around Cuppage Plaza today, I decided to drop by at Starhub to see what they were offering. They too had a promotion of giving a free laptop computer for their ultimate internet plan. Finally I decided to opt for the cheapest express internet plan at $49.00 - quite fast at 6mb.

I was almost thinking of not connecting an internet line as I can use my laptop in the office. However, I was concerned for my tenant, Frank, who is renting a room in my apartment. He needs the internet to communicate with his family overseas.

I was amazed at the speed and efficiency of Starhub. I took the free modem home so as to save the $52/- installation charge. Frank set up the system for me.

Gosh! The apartment is still in a mess with unpacked boxes. However I miss the computer so much and yearn to write in my blog again.!! :-)

No comments: