Friday, August 17, 2007

Tock! Tock! Tock!

Sometimes, there are certain experiences that stay very long in our memory! I would like to narrate a little experience I had one early Sunday morning. Perhaps some would regard the experience as really insignificant but this insignificant experience has loomed largely in my life!

I was extremely tired for the week had been one of hectic schedules. The lack of sleep for almost six consecutive days drained me of my energy, so that I decided I would sleep in the following day, being a Sunday.

By now readers would know I am one person who sleeps like a log of wood. I could wake up without knowing that it had rained heavily with lots of thunder bolts during the night!

Strangely, this time, I heard "Tock, tock, tock" on the window panes of my bedroom.
The sound became a crescendo. I opened my eyes but there was nothing by the window panes. I went back to sleep. "Tock, tock, tock" I heard the crescendo again. I opened my sleepy eyes but could see nothing by the window. Thinking that I was dreaming, I went back to sleep. For the third time again, I heard the incessant knocking on the window pane. This time, I saw a bird pecking on the window pane. In exasperation I woke up and said, "Alright! I'm going to church!"

Despite my tiredness, I was quite attentive in church, for the pastor delivered a very interesting and mind-boggling sermon! I left the church, spiritually and physically refreshed! Since then, I have always attended church on Sunday mornings, even if I am tired and feel like sleeping in.!

Whenever I feel sad, frightened or disheartened, I will think of this incident. For us Christians, we do not believe in luck - that things happen by chance. Everything happens for a purpose. If God cares enough to send a little winged creature to tap on my window panes....He cares about even more important issues... my health, career, safety, etc. It is this knowledge and assurance that give me the confidence to know that I can enjoy His peace and serenity in an otherwise turbulent world of strife, wickedness, and danger!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u'r entry is soo refreshing. keep in coming. thanks for encouraging me to keep going ^_^