Thursday, August 23, 2007

You and I Are Special!

I remember I just could not wait for the snow to come down. I had just arrived in Grande Prairie in late August, and the maple leaves were just beginning to turn golden in colour! My landlord, Dr. Smith, assured me that around Halloween (31st October), there would definitely be snow on the ground.

The snow was late in coming down. On November 5th, there was still no sign of the lovely, white, powdery stuff. One early morning, there was a sudden knock on my door. Dr. Smith woke me up at around 4.00 a.m. "Choo! It's snowing! Get up!"

It was so nice to feel the snow coming down. I caught some snow flakes in my hands and brought them into the house to examine them. To my surprise, the snow flakes looked so beautiful! They had patterns and looked like diamonds! Later I found out that no two snowflakes are alike!! I am overwhelmed by God's massive and huge creativity. Snowflakes are here and gone the next moment when the weather warms up! Yet, the mighty Creator has taken the trouble to make each snowflake so uniquely beautiful! Just like man's fingerprints and DNA. No two are alike! Is this the reason why God said you and I are special, each with our own finger prints and DNA?

Contrast this with the fashion created by people. There is always this cycle of mini, midi and maxi skirts and when designers seem to run out of ideas, they create the "beggar look" with holes here and there! Now we have the latest Japanese craze...the bandage fetish! Lovely young girls have bandages wrapped around their arms and even one of the eyes, so that you can't help but be reminded of Haratio Nelson who was blind in one eye and perpetually had a bandage on the blind eye.

When people find out that I am a Christian, some of them would challenge me, "You believe in God. Have you seen God personally?" My answer is always, "No, I have not seen God. After all faith is believing in what you have not seen. Yet, I have seen God in His many creations. In the beautiful wild flowers that bloom for only a day in the dessert, the unique snowflakes and frost in winter, the wild birds of the air and my own special finger print on my identity card! It is easier and more logical for me to believe there is a great Creator than to believe that all these things happen by chance.

Instead of putting the pictures of snowflakes in my blog, readers can look at the numerous pictures of snowflakes in the web, and see for themselves the magnificence of the various patterns of each snowflake. Then they will know that they are as special as the snowflakes - they are uniquely made.

No comments: