Sunday, August 12, 2007

Matching by Chance

 
The lovely teak buffet hutch left by the previous owner

 
My old bookshelf and console with brother Kee Yong's autumn painting

 
My $100/- second hand Kawai piano that sounds as good as it looks

Posted by Picasa


In case, readers think I am going to write something on matchmaking, they are mistaken. So read on....

My client, Mr. Chia, called me up concerning one of his investment properties. Apparently he sounded like he was in a bad mood, so I asked him why he was upset.

"All my furniture don't seem to match...and I have paid so much money for them", lamented Mr. Chia. He had just moved into his sprawling bungalow at East Coast.
A self-made millionaire, he made most of his money through shrewd property investments. He shared with me that he upgraded from an hdb flat and he never quite unpacked all his belongings for soon after, he would sell his flat to buy another bigger property. He had only moved into his semi detached house last year, and sold it to move into his bungalow. He is someone who buys and sells properties faster than you can say, "Good morning ladies and gentlemen!"

In sharp contrast, I had also just moved into my small hdb flat. The previous owner had left me some pieces of furniture, most of which I gave away, except for the buffet hutch and tv console. Somehow they blended in with my old furnture.

This time, I did not have to buy any plates, glasses, etc. They were all donated to me by my friends who had one too many in their cupboards. I am the easily happy and contented type and am grateful for donated items. Before I moved, I also gave away many items. Strange....the more I give, the more I receive.!

God reminds us to look at the wild flowers and birds of the air. He takes care of them and He also takes care of us...even in small matters concerning matching furniture! Ah! The simple pleasures and joy of life!

No comments: