1) Some people cannot stand the heat and humidity in Singapore, and must turn on the airconditioning almost 24 hours a day; yet they cannot shower with cold water. They must always take warm or hot showers.!
2) Couples who had been so in love once and could not do without seeing each other for one day, could end up hating each other to the core, and would be happier not to see each other for the rest of their lives.
3) People would often not say nice things about others, yet at funeral wakes, only bouquets are being mentioned about the person in the coffin. This is why I like going to funeral wakes. Let us treat one another as if it were our last day on earth! Let the fragrance of bouquets constantly fill the air!
4) Some people would go to great pains to keep their homes clean, but would not bat an eyelid
about dirtying public toilets or littering in public places!
5) Some people would not bat an eyelid blessing others generously, but are so amazingly frugal on themselves. Classic examples are my beloved papa and my late benefactor, Mr. Lim Cheng Ean.
6) Some people still feel they are poor, despite having millions in the bank. Is this what some wise people call the spirit of poverty?
7) Some rich kids in Singapore come to school, chauffeur-driven in luxury cars, but look as if their world is coming to an end. Yet in Nepal, Sabah, India, Indonesia, etc. we read of kids cheerfully walking and romping for miles to school.
8) Some people who are usually patient can be so terribly impatient behind their wheels?
9) Someone like me who was born in the tropics could take the cold like a duck to water; while another born in Canada still could not withstand the cold despite decades of wintry days and nights.
10) Homo sapiens tend to forget all the nine good things someone has done for them, but remember that one failure by the same person.
11) A wonderful father and husband, could end up being convicted as a molester or rapist!
11) The great Creator has so much patience with His homo sapiens with the above imperfection and idiosyncracies!
Ah! Let us be patient and accepting of one another, for God has not finished with you and me yet. As long as there is breath and life, there is still hope ....
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Posted by The Oriental Express at 6:15 am