Friday, April 16, 2010

When Things Work Out for Good ....

I received the following email article from my friends in the toastmasters' clubs - Pradeep and Fernando. The article reminds me of how the loss of my voice had actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Though it had prompted me to leave my job as a teacher, it had also enabled me to find my panache in real estate marketing!

Real estate marketing has also enabled me to be someone concerned with stringent time management, so that I would not only work hard, but smart too. By working smart, it also enabled me to to find time to be a life long learner. At the age of 55 I started learning the violin, just after I had completed most of my speech and leadership requirements in the Toastmasters International program. It also enabled me to pick up more Hindi, Tamil, Malay, French as well as Korean and Mandarin when I watch movies and television serials.

Best of all, the freedom of time allows me to make time for my beloved relatives and friends when they visit me in Singapore. All these years, I have learnt to remain positive and cheerful even when sometimes things don't turn up the way I want. For I know that with my limited vision and height, I can only see so far, but God is omnipotent and omnipresent and He has wonderful plans for me.

Now due to the increasing pain in my backbones, I have decided to go back to my first love of training/teaching, and this will happen when I join Orange Tee Property Consultants as a part-time trainer cum team director. Training is easier on my throat than teaching, because I can use the microphone, and the trainees are mature adults who fork out money to learn.

I hope the article below will encourage and remind my readers to stay positive at all times, and know that things often happen for a reason - a reason that is byond our understanding at times. :-)

GOD IS AT WORK IN OUR LIVES

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened - everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"God, how could you do this to me?" he cried.

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.

"We saw your smoke signal", they replied.

It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.

No comments: