Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why Everyone Should Play Golf !!

An 80-year old man goes to the doctor for a check-up.
The doctor is amazed at what good shape the guy is in and asks,
"How do you stay in such great physical
condition?"
"I'm a golfer," says the old guy, "and
that's why I'm in such good shape. I'm up well
before daylight and out golfing up and down the
fairways."
"Well," says the doctor, "I'm sure that
helps, but there's got to be more to it. How old was
your dad when he died?"

Who said my dad's dead?"
The doctor is amazed. "You mean you're 80 years
old and your dad's still alive. How old is he?"
"He's 103 years old," says the old golfer.
"In fact he golfed with me this morning, and that's
why he's still alive . . he's a golfer too!!"
"Well," the doctor says, "that's great,
but I'm sure there's more to it than that. How about
your dad's dad? How old was he when he died?"
"Who said my grandpa's dead?"
Stunned, the doctor asks, "You mean you're 80
years old and your grandfather is still living!? Incredible,
how old is he?"

The doctor is getting frustrated at this point, "So,
I guess he went golfing with you this morning too?"
"No. Grandpa couldn't go this morning because
he's getting married today.."
At this point the doctor is close to losing it,
"Getting married! Why would a 128 year-old guy want to
get married in the first place?"
"Who said he wanted to? The bride is pregnant...that
is why!!!!!"

Hence, are you convinced now why everyone should play golf?

Mm, not for me though. I would rather take a brisk morning or evening walk. Golf is boring to me. You hit one ball, and you walk, walk, walk. It would appear to me that most golfers talk more than they walk. I would certainly not want to be married when I am a centurion. I am one of those who prefer life to be shorter and sweeter! :-)

No comments: