Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A "Scholarly" Vicinity

 

Lovely new condominium - As pristine as the name suggests, "Pristine Heights"
 

Jasmin with his morning run cum walk
 

Is the Cambridge University nearby?
 
Oxford Road in Singapore!

style='clear:both; text-align:CENTER'>Posted by Picasa


It has been almost two years since I moved to Little India. I love living here!
Apart from the absolute convenience of being able to walk to Orchard Road, Bugis Junction, Newton Circus, Clarke Quay, Chinatown, Lavendar and Beach Road, I have also discovered the charm of the vicinity.

Almost everyday, my tenant, Jasmin and I would either take a morning or evening walk around the vicinity. As I am now not too athletically inclined, Jasmin would do a few runs around the area while I walk briskly. There is so much greenery. Best of all are the lovely road names that remind me of England, one of my favourite countries to live in ...Cambridge Road, Oxford Road, Gloucester Road, Kent Road, and Owen Road, just to name a few.

This is why when my client, Amelia, asked me for help with renting her brand new lovely apartment at Pristine Heights, I immediately agreed for I enjoy walking to her apartment from where I live. It is a short pleasant walk. I enjoy watching people playing tennis, walking their dogs, etc. Best of all, I realise that the food at the Cambridge Road Market and Food Centre is both cheap and good. That is where the famous Wah Kee Prawn Noodles is located. It was at the food centre that I discovered the availability of my favourite Dong dong juice. I now buy my fresh vegetables from a popular store for they are reasonably priced.

It is amazing how beautiful Singapore is. In the midst of tall buildings there are still pockets of greenery and beautiful landscape. I am sure there must many lovely places around if only we take time to discover, and I realise that discovery is best when we walk and observe.

No comments: