Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The New Circle Line !

 

 

 

 


On Sunday, my client, Eunice, dropped me at the Bukit Gombak MRT after viewing a condominium nearby.

On impulse I decided to take the train heading towards Marina Bay, which is a longer route. I decided to drop at Bishan MRT to take a look around the mall and to get my tenant, Jasmin, a little present for helping me with some work.

I realised I could also take the new Circle Line to Little India and it would be a shorter route. Since I had never tried the new mrt line, I thought it would be fun to try something new. Wow! What lovely designs and everything is shining and sparklingly new! Best of all there are also travellators like the ones at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station.

I was so happy and felt so blessed to be able to enjoy such a wonderful transport system. I could not help thinking of the crowded and dilapidated buses I saw when I was in Nepal. I am so happy that I no longer own a car for it means freedom to move around and I can connect my activities without having to worry about car parks and traffic jams. However, I must make sure that my two "kah" (Hokkien for legs) are strong for walking whenever I decide not to take the bus or train.

Kudos to our government for our excellent transport system.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: