Monday, June 29, 2009

My Basil Plant is Blooming!

 

Basil plant blooming with flowers!

Basil is one of my favourite herbs. I first came across basil when I was taken to a popular Vietnamese Restaurant in Melbourne by my second sister, Ean Ean.

The fragrance and the sweetness of basil won me over instantly, and since then, whenever I patronise a Vietnamese outlet, I would always request for extra basil leaves.

When I went back to Penang during the recent Chinese New Year celebration, my niece-in-law, Ser Ling, gave me some basil plants from her garden. I was somewhat apprehensive when I put them in a pot, because the previous attempt at growing basil plants was a total diasaster. Hence I was thrilled when I saw the basil thriving so well, and recently many lovely purple flowers have bloomed!

I always like to add a few leaves to basil to my bowl of piping hot noodles or I would also add them when I fry some Hokkien mee. The fragrance enhances the taste.

What is life without herbs? Herbs not only enhance the tastes of food; they also keep us healthy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: