Thursday, April 30, 2009

Green, Green, My Love is Green

 

Different variety of trees growing abundantly.
 

The greenery that greets drivers as they drive along the road and highway.
 

Trees are like pretty laces, adorning an otherwise borong landscape.
 

Given the chance, some trees can grow so tall! The height of the tree reminds me of Jack and the Beanstalk.
Posted by Picasa


I remember when I was a pupil in Primary School, papa used to ask me to look at the leaves of the trees or the fields for it would help to improve my eyesight. I was a voracious reader, and would continue reading for long hours. I started wearing glasses in Primary Six! Perhaps this is the reason why I love growing plants and herbs, and also why the Botanical Gardens and Hort Park are my favourtie haunts.

Perhaps this is also the reason why I enjoy living in Singapore where greenery abounds. The city is so well planned that we still have huge pockets of unused lands. I particularly like the trees that can be seen growing in abundance along Clementi Road and Commonwealth Road.

Kudos to the Ministry of Parks and Recreation! The trees have been beautifully planted along the roads and highway. I love the shade from the sunshine provided by the thick canopies of these trees. Without them, the heat in Singapore would be unbearable!

Let there be trees! Green, green, my love is green.

Gan Chau

No comments: