Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Amazing Apple!

 

 

 

 


My neighbour, Irin, once gave me a green apple. I love fruits, but if I had a choice, an apple would be the last fruit I'd go for. Not wanting to decline Irin's good intention, I accepted the apple, but decided to put it on my television set. Days passed, weeks passed and soon another 5 months and 23 days had also passed. All this while, the apple had served as an interesting topic of conversation for my visitors.

I would often tell them how long the apple had been sitting on the television set. My guests were surprised, and would hold and feel the apple, turn it around, and peer into the texture to see if there was any sign of decay! However, the apple gleamed and glowed, with the resplendence of youth! Not a single wrinkle was in sight!

However, recently I noticed that some wrinkles had started to form on one side of the apple. It was still firm and there was no sign of decay. I decided to cut it into two. I was ever ready to fling away the fruit should I detect any worms inside the fruit. I love furry animals, but have a phobia for creepy crawlies, especially worms and millipedes. To my surprise, it was perfect inside....not a slight decay! I decided to bite into the apple, and to my surprise, it was sweet and crunchy! I did not even suffer from any stomach upset!

In all, the apple had been sitting on my television set for 175 days since 1st November, 2007. I had written about the amazing yam in a previous article, and a poem on two tomatoes. However, this amazing apple had survived longer than my yam and tomatoes.

Very often, I found that my apples would rot just a few weeks in the fridge, but this amazing apple had a very long life. Does any of my readers have any similar experience?

I shared with my brother Kee Yong about the apple. Brother told me that archaelogists had found the seeds that must have been in existence for the past 2,000years. When they planted the seeds and watered them, new plants grew!

Amazing creation! What an interesting and exciting world we live in! When I see the handiworks of the Creator, it is harder for me to believe that there is no God! The Creator has to be in existence! He is the greatest artist, scientist, mathematician - the greatest of all! He is the One who holds all things together!

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: