Friday, April 25, 2008

Fun With Renovation!

 

The simple kitchen that had once belonged to a bachelor who hardly cooked.
 

Make over! A practical kitchen for a lady who loves cooking!

All these years, I never had to bother with renovating the apartment. However, the current flat in Little India would need some renovation for the kitchen, master bedroom bathroom and common toilet.

As I enjoy cooking, I would need sufficient shelves for my utensils. Hence I came up with the simple and functional purple and white design for the kitchen.

When I told my friends that my kitchen was going to be purple in colour, some of them went "Urgh! Purple kitchen?"

Vanessa Yong commented that I must be a romantic old soul! I have always liked purple. To me, purple resembles the best of colours - a combination of blue and red. If I want a pinkish purple I add more red. If I prefer a blueish purple, I add more blue! Now that my friends and relatives all know about my favourite colours, you can guess it! Most of my presents are purple in colour or have a tinge of purple! Purple! I will never get tired of this lovely colour.

The renovators were very happy renovating the apartment. During their rest hour, they enjoyed the breeze and wind. Though this is my first experience in my own personal renovation works, I must admit I enjoy it thoroughly and find I have quite a flair for it.

Now, my best friend, Amu, wants me to help her design and choose the colours when she renovates her new flat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: