Wednesday, April 30, 2008

An Episode a Day Makes Me Happy and Gay!

A friend, Peter Richardson, who was once a guest in my home, bought me a VCD player as a Christmas present. He was alarmed that I did not even have a VCD player in my home! He taught me how to operate it and insist that I must learn to enjoy watching VCDs.

The VCD player died a natural death. Since then, I did not replace it as I do not see the need for it. I prefer to watch television programs with whatever little time I had. I try to follow a serial so that I will also be able to exercise while watching the screen. Hence, I usually watch the 9p.m. Channel 8 (Chinese channel by our local Media Corps actors and actresses. I enjoy watching an episode a day. It keeps me on my toes. It keeps me in suspense. I look forward to watching it every week day. Something to look forward to. Something fresh and exciting after a hard day's work.

Hence this is the reason why I do not buy a collection of tapes. My eldest sister and her husband can watch a collection of tapes for hours in one shot. I prefer to watch in daily doses, so that I can analyse after each episode and remember the story for a long, long time.

I am very much like my second brother Kee Seng. We both hardly watch television programs but when we do, we are very serious about following a tv serial faithfully. Brother would turn down dinner invitation so that he would not miss an episode. For me, unless it is a matter of life and death, I would prefer not to miss my serial too.

I wonder how many of my readers are like me? Do drop me a line!

Cheers to more happiness and gaiety!

Ganchau

No comments: