Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Sea Shells on the Sea Shore

 

Lovely shells on the beach at Batu Ferringghi, Penang
 

I love Penang beaches!
 

Another lovely scenery
 

Sister-in-law Saw Kim posing by the beach

The sea shells on the sea shore! Immediately I thought of my primary school days when the English teacher would drill us on our pronunciation. It did not help that many of us had some missing front teeth.!

I just love the beaches in Penang. Frankly, one does not need much money to spend in Penang. I could just laze by the beach day after day, reading my books and just admiring the scenery and drinking in the beauty and serenity of the place. During my last visit to Penang, I had an opportunity to stay at the Copthorne Orchid Hotel for 3 days. Brother's lovely condominium is located up on the hills at Sungei Ara, so it was nice to be spending a few days where the waves could kiss my feet! I invited my sister-in-law, Saw Kim, to stay with me at the hotel.

Looking at the miles and miles of massive waters, it is difficult to imagine how the world could be round! No wonder in the past people used to think that the earth was flat! It was only after Newton found the answer of gravity that we could understand why evething held together. Or you and I would be flying around like the people on the moon!

Amazing and awesome creation of God.! It caused the Psalmist to express himself so beautifully and appropriately:-

"I often think of the heavens
your hands have made,
and of the moon and the stars
you put in place.
Then I ask, "Why do you care
about us humans?
Why are you concerned
for us weaklings?"
You made us a little lower
than you yourself,
and you have crowned us
with glory and honour.

You let us rule everything
your hands have made.
And you put all of it
under our power -
the sheep and the cattle,
and every wild animal,
the birds in the sky,
the fish in the sea,
and all ocean creatures.

Our Lord and Ruler,
your name is wonderful
everywhere on earth!

(Psalm Chap 8 Verses 3-9)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: