Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Flower Power at Beautiful Pierce Reservoir Park

 

 

 

 


After having lived in Singapore for the past two decades, I am ashamed to say that I had never been to Pierce Reservoir Park until that fateful morning, when my neighbour, Wendy, took me and Toby for a morning walk.

I had only driven up to Upper Thomson Road to visit my friend who had adopted my Rough Collie, Bobo. She lives quite near to where Fann Wong, Singapore's famous actress from Media Corp used to live with her parents. I discovered the fact because once when I was driving, I saw Christopher Lee and Fann Wong coming out of the house. At that time, tabloid gossip had mentioned the popular actor dating Fann Wong.

If only I had known how close Pierce Reservoir Park is to my friend's house! However, I did enjoy the ride where there is so much greenery to admire. Now and then, we could see monkeys on the trees.

The Park has two reservoirs - Upper and Lower Pierce. It is so beautifully serene and green! I took some shots of the flowers that I could find.

I will have to be contented with visiting McRitchie Reservoir or the Botanical Gardens which are nearer to my home. I am so happy that Singapore has been so well planned. There is still so much greenery and lovely spots in the island.
I am now making it a point to discover more of such interesting places, now that I have a little more time on my hands.

Gan Chau

Posted by Picasa

No comments: