Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

 

 

 


Singapore is known as a Garden City. It is comforting to see trees and plants growing everywhere, providing that much needed shade in an otherwise hot country.

It is not easy for us to grow flowers in our hot climate. The flowers that seem to thrive are bougainvilleas, orchids and bunga raya (hibiscus). Even my neighbours who love gardening like me, seem to have more potted plants than flowers.

Brother shared with me excitedly about the cherry blossoms that seem to be growing everywhere in Canada. How I miss the lovely flowers. Well, since I cannot grow cherry blossoms here in Singapore, and since I do not quite like the artificial, plastic ones on sale at florist shops, I decided to make some cherry blossoms. Irin, my neighbour, was about to throw away the long long plant which had dropped all its leaves. I told her to keep the barren plant.

Armed with some Styrofoams, glue and paint, I created some cherry blossoms on the bare branches of the long long plant. My cherry blossoms will never fade, but when they have gathered enough dust, I will have to throw them away.

Our world will only be full of green, if the Creator had not created flowers of diffuse colours! What a wonderful and colorful world we live in. My dear readers, what are your favourite flowers?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: