Sunday, May 04, 2008

Much Ado About Buses and Flatulence!

 

 

 

 


I had gone to visit my best friend, Amudah at her home in Redhill for a Christmas party. It was also to hear what her younger sister, Maya, had to share about the quantum science pendant. Maya had given me a pendant to wear. I was amazed that forty minutes later, I suddenly became flatulent as I was walking towards the bus stop. My stomach was full of wind which had to be released!

Just then bus No. 64 arrived. To my surprise, I was the only passenger, probably because it was almost midnight. It was a brand new bus, with purple (my favourite colour) being the dominant shade in the bus. Due to my flatulence, I was relieved that no one was around me, and I remained the only passenger for more than eight bus stops! Gosh! The pendant surely worked fast on me. Maya had warned that the pendant works with different results on people. Some people have to wear it for a month or two before they experience any effect. When I narrated the incident to Amu, I could hear her giggling on the other end of the phone. I told her that when some passengers entered the bus, I had to be extra careful with my flatulence. It was in the danger of making a musical exit! If too loud, it could be heard even though there was no suggestion of any foul odour!

I had thoroughly enjoyed riding in the new bus. The air conditioning was crispy clean and fresh. The bus gleamed and glowed with their bright shades of purple, yellow, black and red. I suddenly thought of the buses I had seen in Kathmandu. They were usually jam packed with some passengers even sitting on top of the buses with their goats and chicken! The Nepalis had to be quite adroit in acrobatics to be able to do a balancing act, as the rickety old buses plied along rough terrain! I am so proud of our great infra structure, and the efficient bus and mrt transport we have in Singapore. I am thankful to God that I can still read in buses without discomfort as our roads are well macadamised and sufficiently lighted.

I noticed that the new buses also allow the easy transportation of passengers on wheel chairs as seen on the signboard, urging the wheelchair bound passengers to await for help from the bus driver. The disabled are certainly becoming more mobile.

I reached home, feeling very happy and definitely somewhat lighter, with so much purging of wind.! I am looking forward to the day when more and more new buses will replace the very old ones.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: