Monday, March 16, 2009

When the Sun Sets .....

"Is that a ball? Oh No! It's the Sun!

Goodbye! I'm going to sleep soon!


The Asians believe that when the sunset is fiery red, the fishermen will have plenty of catch!




God's masterpeice! What an absolutely beautiful world we live in!


I love it when the sun sets! Every sunset is so unique, intriguing and awesome! They are like God's masterpieces, each lovingly painted by the Master Creator!

I remember when my Canadian friends, Norman and Nicky Suvan took me to stay with their family in Maui, one of the beautiful islands of Hawaii, it was my great joy to watch the sun setting every evening! The Suvan's lovely holiday home was just by the beach, and every evening, I would take their son, Normi, for a walk along the beach. Every sunset was slightly different, and I could almost imagine the Creator signing off His Name at the bottom of the awesome scenery! I have taken some lovely photos from Derek's Gallery to share with my readers.
I usually wake up around 4.30 to 5.00a.m and by evening time, I would start to slow down, especially if I were at home. However, if I had some evening activities like Toastmasters meetings, house viewing, etc. I would try to catch some 40 winks in the day so that I could sustain my energy till 11.00pm.
Each evening before I sleep, I like to reflect over the day's activities. Sometimes I wish I have not said or done some of the things which I have done, and sometimes I regret for I could have done a better job in my speeches or cooking.
Whenever I hear people saying that they are lonely or are afraid of loneliness, I feel like a freak, for I have never felt lonely! How can I feel lonely with so much beauty surrounding me? How can I feel depressed when I am constantly reminded of God's handwork in His sunrise, sunset, birds of the air and flowers in the fields? How can I feel lonely when I am confronted everyday with God's unique homo sapiens, each as individual as the finger prints he carries? How can I feel lonely when there are so many wonderful activities to enjoy - reading, writing, cooking, playing the piano, violin and drums, listening to great composers, gardening, blogging, travelling, watching television programs and movies, walking the dogs, etc. etc.
Most importantly, when the sun sets, so must my anger and unforgiveness so that I can look forward to the sunrise the following morning. Each day is a brand new day, and it is up to me to paint the day with bright technicolours or with dull, gloomy grey and black. If God takes the trouble to paint His lovely sunset everyday, won't He add colours to my life when I constantly walk closely with Him?
Gan Chau

No comments: