Thursday, March 19, 2009

If Life Were Like a Travelator......

I love travelators! I first experienced the use of travelators in airports in Singapore and many parts of the world. However, I get to use travelators only when I travel.

Hence, you can imagine my joy when I found the travelator at Dhoby Ghaut MRT.! It means I can use if quite often. I guess, the One up there must have known my heart's desire, for I ended up living 130 metres away from the Little India MRT which is also known as the purple line (my favourite colour!) The purple line also known as the North East Line, has Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station as an interchange which means I have to use the travelator to connect to the red or green lines.

It is so wonderful to be on a travelator. You will hardly find me standing still, for I love to walk for it gives me such a good feeling. My walking speed is being accelerated by the travelator. It just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, as if someone is giving me the added push!

How wonderful if life were like a travelator. I can stand still when I am really exhausted or when I have to carry many things. The travelator will move and carry me to my destination. At times like these, I would just relax and read and observe the many lovely advertisements on the walls. At times, I would observe the interesting expression on the faces of commuters on the next travelator.

When I walk on the travelator, it is almost effortless as if the One up there is giving me that little, gentle push. In life, I realise that I will and can do so much, but when I get that little extra push and help from God, I do not have to strive so hard to the point of being burnt out!

If life were like a travelator.....

Gan Chau

No comments: