Thursday, March 05, 2009

My 1,000th article!

Good morning, dear readers. I cannot imagine that I am typing my 1,000th article in the Oriental Express in the computer lab of RELC (Regional English Language Centre). My students are using the computers now for 30 minutes, so I thought I might as well pen an article.

Today is the orientation of the one week course for students from Himeji Dokkyo University, Japan. The RELC conducts English Communication Skills Course for Cultural Awareness. It runs for 8 days and is very well planned, giving the students the opportunity to improve their English and knowledge of Singapore. During the weekend breaks, the students are also taken around to visit the various interesting places.

I will be teaching 15 students while Mr. Alvin Pang will be with the other 17 students in Class A. We will share with them about the history and cultural background of Singapore, and the students will also be taken to visit Chinatown, Little India, Kampong Glam and Arab Street.

I am quite excited as this will be a totally new experience for me. I had taught in RELC before but my students were mainly working adults who wanted to improve in their written communication skills.

In the next article I will show pictures of our activities.

Cheers. !

Gan Chau

No comments: